|latest/stable||345||09 Nov 2023|
|14/stable||336||18 Oct 2023|
|14/candidate||336||18 Oct 2023|
|14/beta||336||18 Oct 2023|
juju deploy postgresql --channel 14/stable
Charmed PostgreSQL revision 336
Wednesday, October 18, 2023
Dear community, this is to inform you that new Canonical Charmed PostgreSQL is published in
14/stable charmhub channel for IAAS/VM.
The features you can start using today:
- Add Juju 3 support (Juju 2 is still supported) [DPE-1758]
- All secrets are now stored in Juju secrets [DPE-1758]
- Charm minor upgrades and minor rollbacks [DPE-1767]
- Canonical Observability Stack (COS) support [DPE-1775]
- PostgreSQL plugins support [DPE-1373]
- Profiles configuration support [DPE-2655]
- Logs rotation [DPE-1754]
- Workload updated to PostgreSQL 14.9 [PR#18]
- Add ‘
admin’ extra user role [DPE-2167]
- New charm ‘PostgreSQL Test App’
- New documentation:
- All the functionality from the previous revisions
- DPE-1624, DPE-1625 Backup/restore fixes
- DPE-1926 Remove fallback_application_name field from relation data
- DPE-1712 Enabled the user to fix network issues and rerun stanza related hooks
- DPE-2173 Fix allowed units relation data field
- DPE-2127 Fixed databases access
- DPE-2341 Populate extensions in unit databag
- DPE-2218 Update charm libs to get s3 relation fix
- DPE-1210, DPE-2330, DPE-2212 Open port (ability to expose charm)
- DPE-2614 Split stanza create and stanza check
- DPE-2721 Allow network access for pg_dump, pg_dumpall and pg_restore
- DPE-2717 Copy dashboard changes from K8s and use the correct topology dispatcher
- [MISC] Copy fixes of DPE-2626 and DPE-2627 from k8s
- [MISC] Don’t fail if the unit is already missing
- [MISC] More resilient topology observer
What is inside the charms:
- Charmed PostgreSQL ships the latest PostgreSQL “14.9-0ubuntu0.22.04.1”
- PostgreSQL cluster manager Patroni updated to “3.0.2”
- Backup tools pgBackRest updated to “2.47”
- The Prometheus postgres-exporter is “0.12.1-0ubuntu0.22.04.1~ppa1”
- VM charms based on Charmed PostgreSQL SNAP (Ubuntu LTS “22.04” - ubuntu:22.04-based)
- Principal charms supports the latest LTS series “22.04” only.
- Subordinate charms support LTS “22.04” and “20.04” only.
juju refreshfrom the old-stable revision 288 to the current-revision 324 is NOT supported!!!
The upgrade functionality is new and supported for revision 324+ only!
Please check additionally the previously posted restrictions.
How to reach us:
Please check all the previous release notes if you are jumping over the several stable revisions!