|latest/stable||316||11 Aug 2023|
|14/stable||288||18 Apr 2023|
|14/candidate||326||19 Sep 2023|
|14/beta||330||27 Sep 2023|
|14/edge||330||26 Sep 2023|
juju deploy postgresql --channel 14/stable
Charmed PostgreSQL VM revision 288
Thursday, April 20, 2023
Dear community, this is to inform you that new Canonical Charmed PostgreSQL charm is published in
14/stable charmhub channel for both bare-metal/virtual-machines.
The features you can start using today:
- Deploying on VM (tested with LXD, MAAS)
- Scaling up/down in one simple juju command
- HA using Patroni
- Full backups and restores are supported when using any S3-compatible storage
- TLS support (using “tls-certificates” operator)
- DB access outside of Juju using “data-integrator”
- Data import using standard tools e.g. “psql”.
|PostgreSQL||14.7||14/stable (r288)||Tutorial, Readme, Contributing||Apache 2.0|
What is inside the charms:
- Charmed PostgreSQL charm ships the latest PostgreSQL “14.7-0ubuntu0.22.04.1”
- VM charms based on our SNAP (Ubuntu LTS “22.04” - core22-based)
- Principal charms supports the latest LTS series “22.04” only.
- Subordinate charms support LTS “22.04” and “20.04” only.
Compatibility with legacy charms:
- New PostgreSQL charm is also a juju-interface compatible replacement for legacy PostgreSQL charms (using legacy interface “pgsql”, via endpoints “db” and “db-admin”). However, it is highly recommended to migrate to the modern interface “postgresql_client” (endpoint “database”).
Please contact us, see details below, if you are considering migrating from other “legacy” charms not mentioned above. Additionally:
- Tracks description:
- PostgreSQL charm follows SNAP track “14”.
- No “latest” track in use (no surprises in tracking “latest/stable”)!
- PostgreSQL charm provide legacy charm through “latest/stable”.
- Charm lifecycle flowchart diagrams: PostgreSQL.
- Modern interfaces are well described in “Interfaces catalogue” and implemented by ‘data-platform-libs’.
- Known limitation: PostgreSQL extensions are not yet supported.
How to reach us:
The document was originally posted here.