|latest/stable||345||09 Nov 2023|
|14/stable||336||18 Oct 2023|
|14/candidate||336||18 Oct 2023|
|14/beta||336||18 Oct 2023|
juju deploy postgresql --channel 14/stable
Charmed PostgreSQL tutorial
The Charmed PostgreSQL Operator delivers automated operations management from day 0 to day 2 on the PostgreSQL relational database. It is an open source, end-to-end, production-ready data platform on top of Juju. As a first step this tutorial shows you how to get Charmed PostgreSQL up and running, but the tutorial does not stop there. Through this tutorial you will learn a variety of operations, everything from adding replicas to advanced operations such as enabling Transport Layer Security (TLS). In this tutorial we will walk through how to:
- Set up an environment using Multipass with LXD and Juju.
- Deploy PostgreSQL using a single command.
- Access the database directly.
- Add high availability with PostgreSQL Patroni-based cluster.
- Request and change passwords.
- Automatically create PostgreSQL users via Juju relations.
- Reconfigure TLS certificate in one command.
While this tutorial intends to guide and teach you as you deploy Charmed PostgreSQL, it will be most beneficial if you already have a familiarity with:
- Basic terminal commands.
- PostgreSQL concepts such as replication and users.
Here’s an overview of the steps required with links to our separate tutorials that deal with each individual step:
- Set up the environment
- Deploy PostgreSQL
- Managing your units
- Manage passwords
- Relate your PostgreSQL to other applications
- Enable security
- Cleanup your environment