|latest/stable||345||09 Nov 2023|
|14/stable||336||18 Oct 2023|
|14/candidate||336||18 Oct 2023|
|14/beta||336||18 Oct 2023|
juju deploy postgresql --channel 14/stable
DB data migration using ‘backup/restore’
This Charmed PostgreSQL operator is able to restore it’s own backups stored on S3-compatible storage. The same restore approach is applicable to restore foreign backups made by different Charmed PostgreSQL installation or even another PostgreSQL charms. The backup have to be created manually using pgBackRest!
Please check your application compatibility with Charmed PostgreSQL before migrating production data from legacy charm! Make sure PostgreSQL versions are identical before the migration!
- retrieve root/admin level credentials from legacy charm. See examples here.
- install pgBackRest inside the old charm OR nearby. Ensure the version is compatible with pgBackRest in a new
Charmed PostgreSQLrevision you are going to deploy! See examples. BTW, you can use
charmed-postgresqlSNAP/ROCK directly (more details here).
- configure storage for database backup (local or remote, S3-based is recommended).
- create a first full logical backup during the off-peak, example of backup command.
- restore the foreign backup to Charmed PostgreSQL Lab installation.
- perform all the necessary tests to make sure your application accepted new DB.
- schedule and perform the final production migration re-using the last steps above.
Do you have questions? Contact us if you are interested in such a data migration!