|8.0/stable||196||29 Sep 2023|
|8.0/candidate||196||27 Sep 2023|
|8.0/beta||196||25 Sep 2023|
|8.0/edge||203||01 Dec 2023|
juju deploy mysql --channel 8.0/stable
DB data migration using ‘backup/restore’
This Charmed MySQL operator is able to restore it’s own backups stored on S3-compatible storage. The same restore approach is applicable to restore foreign backups made by different Charmed MySQL installation or even another MySQL charms. The backup have to be created manually using Percona XtraBackup!
- retrieve root/admin level credentials from legacy charm. See examples here.
- install Percona XtraBackup for MySQL inside the old charm OR remotely. Ensure version is compatible with xtrabackup in
Charmed MySQLrevision you are going to deploy! See examples. BTW, you can use
charmed-mysqlSNAP/ROCK directly (more details here).
- configure storage for database backup (local or remote, S3-based is recommended).
- create a first full logical backup during the off-peak, example of backup command.
- restore the foreign backup to Charmed MySQL Lab installation.
- perform all the necessary tests to make sure your application accepted new DB.
- schedule and perform the final production migration re-using the last steps above.
Do you have questions? Contact us if you are interested in such a data migration!