|8.0/stable||151||20 Apr 2023|
|8.0/candidate||193||18 Sep 2023|
|8.0/edge||196||08 Sep 2023|
juju deploy mysql --channel 8.0/stable
The Charmed MySQL Operator delivers automated operations management from day 0 to day 2 on the MySQL Community Edition relational database. It is an open source, end-to-end, production-ready data platform on top of Juju. As a first step this tutorial shows you how to get Charmed MySQL up and running, but the tutorial does not stop there. Through this tutorial you will learn a variety of operations, everything from adding replicas to advanced operations such as enabling Transport Layer Security (TLS). In this tutorial we will walk through how to:
- Set up your environment using LXD and Juju.
- Deploy MySQL using a single command.
- Access the admin database directly.
- Add high availability with MySQL InnoDB Cluster, Group Replication.
- Request and change the admin password.
- Automatically create MySQL users via Juju relations.
- Reconfigure TLS certificate in one command.
While this tutorial intends to guide and teach you as you deploy Charmed MySQL, it will be most beneficial if you already have a familiarity with:
- Basic terminal commands.
- MySQL concepts such as replication and users.
Here’s an overview of the steps required with links to our separate tutorials that deal with each individual step:
- Set up the environment
- Deploy MySQL
- Managing your units
- Manage passwords
- Relate your MySQL to other applications
- Enable security
- Upgrade charm
- Cleanup your environment