|latest/stable||13||13||08 Apr 2021|
|latest/edge||13||13||08 Apr 2021|
juju deploy gunicorn
Gunicorn Read more
Discuss this charm
Share your thoughts on this charm with the community on discourse.
- Patrick Hetu firstname.lastname@example.org
How to configure the charm
To deploy a charm with this subordinate it must minimally:
- Provide the wsgi interface.
- Set the
working_dirrelation variable in the wsgi hook.
The configuration of Gunicorn will use the variable pass by the relation hook first. If there are not define it will fallback to the global configuration of the charm.
Deployment with python-django for example::
juju bootstrap juju deploy python-django juju deploy postgresql juju deploy gunicorn juju add-relation python-django postgresql:db juju add-relation gunicorn python-django juju expose python-django
Accessing your new django app should be ready at::
To find out the public address of gunicorn/python-django, look for it in the output of the
juju statuscommand. I recommend using a reverse proxy like Nginx in front of Gunicorn.
- re-add support for env_extra parameter that was dropped in r3, but with new standard shell format. e.g. env_extra="FOO=BAR BAZ=QUX". Also supports old r2 format (env_extra="'foo': 'bar', 'baz': 'qux'") to provide an upgrade path.
- if upgrading from r1 or r2, the old gunicorn config is removed, leaving just the custom upstart job.
No backwards incompatible changes.
- Rewrite the charm using python instead of BASH scripts
- add listen_ip configuration variable
Backwards incompatible changes:
- Remove the Django mode since Gunicorn is not recommending it anymore.
- Use Upstart to manage daemons
- no start/stop hook anymore use related charms instead.
- no configuration change directly on the charm anymore, use related charms instead.
- no access logging by default
- exposing a port must now be done in the linked charm instead of this one